Are you struggling to showcase your brand? Have you tried different strategies, but still feel the world doesn’t know much about your company? If so, you’re not alone. In today’s fast-paced business environment, it is getting harder for companies to get noticed. The noise and clutter in the digital marketing landscape are making things harder for businesses trying to reach their target audience. So, what are the best corporate videos for your brand?
In this environment, you need an innovative tool that resonates with your target video. There’s no better vehicle than a corporate video. The best corporate videos shall linger in the mind of viewers and can transform the fortunes of a brand.
Businesses, companies, corporations, or organizations can now harness the popularity of video content to reach their target audiences using this creative medium. It is in line with the significant shift away from purely promotional material towards inward-looking content that engages, informs, educates, and entertains audiences.
This post delves into the basics of corporate videos, types, benefits, examples, and suggests tips to make your productions a success.
Let’s dive in, shall we?
What’s Corporate Video?
For most businesses, video conjures images of the glossy promotional content advertising businesses, products, or services. However, there’s a new approach in business videos where content focuses more on a company, its culture, and employees as a whole rather than on specific products. In these productions, companies become storytellers instead of advertisers.
The simplest brand/corporate or institutional video definition is a type of non-advertisement based video content produced by a corporation, company, business corporation, or organization.
With the advent of digital marketing tools, consumers have to contend with a lot of promotional content. The last thing they want is another advert from your company. For this reason, you have to showcase various aspects of your business that will strengthen relationships with your target audiences.
These brand videos bridge the communication gap that has built up over time by showcasing critical aspects of your business that matter to the audience. The idea is to deliver a business message by incorporating different video aspects, including live-action, motion graphics, voiceover, background music, or animation.
If your business wants to showcase its vision, convey an idea, reach prospective customers with a message, talk to employees, introduce an offering or promote its culture, a corporate video will do the trick.
These videos work across all industries: from retail, education, IT, healthcare, pharma, manufacturing, technology, power, hospitality, auto, engineering, and entertainment. The biggest brands, from Apple, Coca Cola, Samsung to Walmart, and others, are leveraging this powerful tool to get across their message.
Some notable brand video examples having the best corporate videos are from Google, HubSpot, Red Bull Racing, Airbnb, Urban Farmers, and Dubai Association Center, to mention a few. By looking at these productions, you can glean some of the best practices and ideas to incorporate in your brand video.
Types of (Best) Corporate Videos
Video content is more engaging than text, but as a business owner, you have to choose the best type to target your audience. Moreover, you have a diverse range of corporate videos to select. Thus, your business objectives should guide you.
Every campaign has unique goals. Corporate goals will determine what type of video to use.
Here are some best corporate videos you should consider:
1. Company Profile/ Brand Video
This is an innovative video production to introduce your business to target customers and potential stakeholders. The short creation gives an overview of your company, services, or products you offer.
You can also give further company details, including background, history, vision, and a message from the CEO. For better engagement, highlight your company’s values, what you stand for.
2. Testimonial Videos
User-generated content (UGC) is a goldmine in digital marketing. Advertising content with user-generated content receives four times higher click through rates (CTR) than ordinary content. Testimonial videos are the best example of UGC: They can have a massive impact on user engagement on your website.
Testimonial videos are more authentic and can build trust, plus customer loyalty.
3. Promotional Video
These are productions that focus on showcasing your brand. They are similar to TV productions and can focus on new products/services. However, you must emphasize your brand and highlight the value you are adding to the target audience.
4. Internal Communication Video
Effective internal commination is critical in today’s fast-paced business landscape. You need to keep your employees updated about new products, policies, and much more. Internal communication video can also help with employee induction, training, explaining new projects, among other applications.
5. Social Media Videos
You cannot ignore social media networks in the contemporary marketing environment. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms boast millions of daily users. That’s why you need to tailor your corporate video for this audience.
Social media videos are short and emotive videos that are sharable.
6. Conference/ Exhibition Videos
When participating in a conference, trade exhibition, or such events, you have an opportunity to showcase your brand through video. These videos have better engagement compared to brochures and fliers. You can talk about your brand, products, or services and explain your value proposition to attendees.
7. Corporate Social Responsibility (SCR) Videos
Participating in social responsibility projects is a great way to give back to the community and build relationships. Videos showcasing your projects not only help communicate your project, but they also document the impact you have made so far.
8. Email Marketing Video
Email remains a valuable marketing tool that boasts excellent ROI. You can revolutionize your email campaigns by adding video content.
Research shows adding video in your emails Increases open rates by 19% and boosts click-through rates by 65%.
9. Product Demonstration Videos
83% of Millenials say they have purchased a product after watching an online video at least life in their online lives. This fact is enough to inspire any company to create product demonstration videos. It is an alternative to long-winding product descriptions that your target customers might never read.
10. FAQ videos
The frequently asked questions (FAQ) section of your website is one of the most visited pages. This page answers common questions about your brand, products, or services. You can now liven this section with video to add value and increase engagement.
Is Corporate Video Production Worth a Shot?
Video content is already a powerful tool in the digital business environment. Google says 6 out of 10 people would rather watch a digital video than television. Another report shows 82% of all consumer internet traffic will be video by 2022. On YouTube, the leading video sharing platform, users view more than 1 billion hours of video each day.
Many businesses miss out on great opportunities because they fail to embrace new trends fast. If you are still unsure whether a corporate video is a worthwhile investment, consider these advantages:
- Search engines love video: A glance at search engine result pages (SERPs) will highlight the power of video content in search engine optimization (SEO). Video is a powerful tool for better ranking and attracting organic traffic.
- Internet users love video: Many people spend time watching videos on social media, YouTube, Vimeo, and other platforms. From product reviews to funny clips, you can easily reach your target audience with this technique.
- Versatile tool: From education, entertaining, employee training, product launches, CSR, product demonstration to how-to videos, there’s no limit to what you can do with the best corporate videos.
- Excellent ROI: Compared to print or electronic ads or other outbound advertising methods, video marketing boasts better ROI. It’s an ideal tool for all business sizes.
- Sharable content: Video content is widespread on social media as it is easily sharable. This is a superb opportunity to promote brand visibility and awareness.
- Creativity: video lets your imagination flow more freely when using it. Whether you want a behind-the-scenes take, interviews, customer testimonials, time-lapse videos, or any other content ideas, you can implement them seamlessly.
- Better conversion: Video offers you an opportunity for a strong call-to-action (CTA), and this translates to more traffic, increased conversion, and revenues.
Tips for Successful Corporate Video Production
Using corporate video can be a brilliant marketing strategy. However, it is not an easy one to pull off. Millions of videos are launched every day. Regardless, some creators have no results to show after the investment.
Hence, Your goal is to create an engaging, high-quality (best) corporate video that strengthens existing relationships with existing customers while also boosting your lead generation efforts.
Understanding Why Corporate Videos Fail
You have seen many awful video productions out there. Thus, you should learn from them. Significant causes of failure include:
- Poor planning
- Poor budgeting
- Lack of a vision,
- Poor distribution
- Lack of a concept
- Copying tO competition
- Failure to use professionals
- Lack of call to action (CTA)
- Confusing messaging
- Corporate buzzwords/jargon
- Lack of a script
- Making too hard of a sale
- Inadequate production and post-production (lousy audio, poor framing, shaky cameras e.t.c)
Overcoming Corporate Video Production Failures
If you want to ace your corporate video, consider the following:
- Start with a vision and objective of your production. Make sure you identify your target audience beforehand.
- Consult, brainstorm and research for the project (Scripting and Storyboarding)
- Narrow down on the main message you want to convey
- Don’t try too hard.
- Eliminate corporate jargon
- Choose a video format that suits your objective/story/message
- Keep it short, concise and straightforward
- Plan intensely for every phase: from pre-production, production, and post-production
- Bring in professionals including video producers & scriptwriters, to save on costs and improve efficiency
- Use available resources including employees or customers for voiceovers or roles in the production
- Pick the right production aspects from the music, location, and clothing to reflect your message, audience, and objectives.
- Emphasize post-production to refine the sound, visuals, smooth flow and lighting
- Make the production a collaborative effort between your team and the production company with seamless communication and feedback.
Final Thoughts on the Best Corporate Video
The best corporate video is a versatile and powerful tool. The goods news is that now your company can use it to survive the volatile business environment. With the popularity of video content, you now have an opportunity to reach a broader audience, showcase your brand, tell your story, engage better with your audience, and perform better on SERPs. With this insight, you are now ready to harness the power of video to drive your business.