To say the least, we will never forget these last couple of weeks. Whilst closing our Q, as perhaps most of you, coincidentally COVID-19 came crawling on our radar, trashing most of the goals we had set and forced us to pivot and iterate to this new reality.
Not all is doom and gloom though! Enough has been published about this pandemic (he-who-must-not-be-named moving forward) and we’ll guide our decision-making by experts.
Hence, we want to highlight some events this Q that have brought us joy and happiness. Can I just say, we have the best team ever?!
But if you prefer to watch a video instead, click here:
For this Q we settled on a comfortable white sweater and a black T-shirt with an amazing design, thanks to our Product Designer Vladimir Vivas- Oh boy are they comfy!!!
Our fluffle welcomed new team members
We recruited some absolute rockstars and we’re happy to have you! And we’re now even more geographically dispersed:
- Mauricio — Finance Intern, based in Colombia
- Carina Therese— CX Associate, based on the Philippines
- Nikita — CX Associate, based in South Africa
- David — CX Associate, based on Jamaica
- Serhat -Backend Engineer, based in Turkey
- Jeremiah — Full-Stack, based in Nigeria
We celebrated our 8 year anniversary!
Bunny Studio was founded in 2012 under the name VoiceBunny. It’s been 8 years and we’ve had quite a journey. Read all about how we’ve evolved here.
2 major releases that have to be mentioned!
- We now have Bunny Studio in 10 different languages: Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Russian, Czech, Italian, Arab, Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
- The keyword search for Bunny Studio Voices was also released. This will make it só much easier for our clients to search for the perfect voice actor they are looking for.
We’re incredibly proud of our Engineering team and their hard work.
Let them know if you see any bugs 🐛 or issues! Please report them, they’ll love you for it.
We’ve spent time together, more than ever
And, finally, although the current pandemic (you-know-who) has heightened our anxiety whilst closing Q1 2020, we’ve been more intentional in creating spaces for social interactions and it’s been the absolute highlight of our Q. There has been a greater sense of belonging and familiarity. It has made me feel even prouder working with these bunch of amazing human beings.
We’ve shared virtual food, laughter, tears, good conversations, certainly some swearing during video game nights, and funny moves both during Zumba and Yoga.
We’ve also gotten to learn the weirdest foods our countries label as a “delicacy”. Let us just say, that triggered a 77 (!) messages long thread about which of our countries were the weirdest — ranging from guinea pig, bull balls, morcilla (blood sausage), stuffed pigeons, a taco of the 👁 of the cow, hot dogs with a quail’s egg on top, confusion about milk in soup, fried pork belly covered by fried plantain (cholesterol anyone?), lechona, the large intestine of a cow, and last but not least balut and talimok worm with vinegar kekeke. Just Google it.
Funny events happening in our Slack channels are being logged by Maffles (formally known as Maria) as our so-called confinement logs. One specifically stood out, our Brazilian team members had to shave their beards from their local government🤷♀ they will be our Easter Eggs for this year.
Lots of Bunnyversaries this Q!
- Sheyla, based in Montevideo, Uruguay, has been with us of 8 (!) years! Yes, since the founding of the company and she has worn so many hats we lost count. Currently, she is helping out the Client Onboarding (CLON) team. She’s the light of the company!
- Daniel, based in Bogotá, Colombia, started off as a customer experience associate — back in his day known as Production Manager. From day 1 he made himself very clear — he would join the Product team one day! And he did!! Since last year September, he has been our UX/UI Researcher. To 4 years and more to come!
- If we would hold a contest on who has the best hair, Angela would easily win! Always showing off new and bright colors, ánd she does it herself. Can you believe it?! She also started off as a customer experience associated and, now, years later she’s the advocate for the Pros in our platform and is a voice actress herself too! Angela is based in Bogotá, Colombia.
- Vladimir, based in Barranquilla, Colombia, who also designed our awesome swag has been with us for 1 year. He has shown amazing skills, has ensured we have amazing swag, brings laughter to meetings and is expecting a baby boy in a couple of months! Enjoy your paternity leave to the fullest!!
- Clara, based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, has shown great determination, proactivity and cares dearly about our clients. No wonder she got promoted to Account Associate after having done a great job in ensuring the fulfillment of the projects of our Tier 1 clients. You will regularly see her sipping her mate. Also, she’s an amazing photographer. Happy 1 year anniversary!
- Juan Alexis has been with us for 1 year. Time flies. He’s based in Calí, Colombia where the weather is :fire: He’s been a great addition to our Engineering team as a Full-Stack Engineer. It was quite confusing having him in the team at the beginning given that he shares the exact same name as our Head of Engineering.
- Maria Alejandra, based in Medellín, Colombia, is an incredibly smart woman with a mission to have more women in engineering and so in her free time, she organizes events to teach women to code, for free! If you need any advice on organizing hackathons or other events, she’s the one you should reach out to for advice!
- We had an amazing recruitment effort last year, cause a second woman joined our engineering team! Geraldine, based in Calí Colombia, started as a junior Full Stack and immediately showed-off her skills and blew us away! Not only in software development skills but also her talent for drawing kawaii like cartoons!
- Johnathan started 1 year ago as a quality control agent, ensuring that the audio files we sent to our clients were of the best quality! He has been proactive in wanting to learn more and transition into another team. For the last 3 months, he has joined our Pro Associate team, helping resolve any doubts or concerns our Pros might have.
To many more years and accomplishments!
Bunny Studio team, we love you ❤️